It’s an exciting time to be in Austin for those in the healthcare and technology space. Members of our local healthcare team will be attending and participating in the various sessions and events that are occurring Friday, March 8 – Monday, March 11 in conjunction with the SXSW Interactive Festival.
The SXSW Health Track brings together innovators, creators and healthcare enthusiasts from across the country. There are plenty of opportunities to attend thought provoking discussions and networking opportunities even for those without an official SXSW badge. For those who are able to attend, it’s impossible not to be energized and smarter after the Festival!
We are pleased to sponsor and participate in the following activities throughout the weekend.
- Health Tech Company Pitches. Produced by Energizing Health, the pitches will be conducted in Husch Blackwell’s Austin office on Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9. We are thrilled to have companies brainstorm innovative healthcare ideas inside the Husch Blackwell space.
- Health Track Review Committee. We are proud to sponsor this weekend-long effort for the second year. The review committee provides feedback to SXSW Interactive regarding its own health track. The committee was formed by our friends at Energizing Health.
- Impact Innovation Forum. On Saturday, March 9 and for the fourth year in a row, The Impact Innovation Forum will bring together a global community of innovators. Panelists will discuss innovation around the world and how different regions are approaching global bridges. Denise Mayfield serves as a panelist.
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce “Austin Meets Madison 2019.” Husch Blackwell’s Mindi Giftos serves on the Madison Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, so we are pleased to support this event on Sunday, March 10 which acknowledges that Austin and Madison as unofficial “sister cities” when it comes to collaboration and forward-thinking.
- Roundtable Breakfast with the USPTO. We will host a breakfast roundtable discussion, together with the Austin Chamber of Commerce on Monday, March 11. The distinguished panel of USPTO and business leaders, led by moderator Denise Mayfield, will discuss challenges facing female entrepreneurs, and ways in which they are working with industry, academia, and other government agencies to increase the disproportionately low number of diverse U.S. patent holders.
If you’re interested in more health news out of SXSW, follow our Twitter feed, @HBHealthcarelaw, for the latest updates.