Thursday, October 22, 2020
Live Webinar | Noon – 1:00 p.m. CDT
Please join Husch Blackwell as we go virtual with our Health Law Conference. The series will include a range of important topics relevant to the healthcare industry and will be moderated by Curt Chase, leader of the firm’s Healthcare, Life Sciences and Education team; Hal Katz, American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Chair; and Tom Shorter, American Health Law Association, President-Elect Designate. The webinar programs will be offered every Thursday through November 19.
Healthcare providers of all sizes have received portions of the recently available federal funds. Healthcare organizations that receive these funds will need to provide accountability for their use to ensure compliance. In our fourth session, a panel will discuss various avenues to manage enforcement risk.
• Athony Burgess, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Tutera Senior Living & Health Care
• Maria Ganson, Vice President/Deputy General Counsel, CHRISTUS Health
• Kevin Koronka, Partner, Husch Blackwell
• Jody L. Rudman, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Thomas N. Shorter, Partner, Husch Blackwell
The October 22 session is complimentary; however, registration is required. We encourage you to forward this invitation to interested colleagues. Unable to join us at the scheduled date and time? Register anyway and we will email the recording to you.
Want to plan ahead? Registration is also open for the remaining programs in our Health Law & Innovation virtual series. Click the program title below to register for each session you would like to attend. All programs will be held Noon – 1:00 p.m. CDT.
- October 29 – Strategic Acquisitions and Investment Opportunities During a Pandemic
- November 5 – Stimulus Relief Funds: Strings Attached!
- November 12 – Pharmacy Trends 2021: What to Watch Out for After the Year That Was
- November 19 – Health Law 2021: A Legislative Outlook
Who Should Attend
CEOs, COOs, CFOs, general counsel, compliance officers and other senior business leaders, as well as representatives of hospitals, physician groups and other healthcare organizations.
Continuing Education Credit
These programs are pending approval for Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin continuing legal education credit.
Access Previous Programs
- Vaccine: Hope and Controversy – If you were unable to join us on October 1 you can now access the recording.
- Developing Strategies Around Hospital and Physician Integration – If you were unable to join us on October 8 you can now access the recording.
- Virtual Health: Who Will Be Leading Tomorrow? CMS, Consumers, COVID-19? – If you were unable to join us on October 15 you can now access the recording.
CARES Act, COVID-19 & Return-to-Work Guidance
Husch Blackwell provides guidance regarding COVID-19 updates, the CARES Act, rapidly changing state-by-state orders, including those that impact stay-at-home and return-to-work protocols. Contact these legal teams or your Husch Blackwell attorney to plan a way through and beyond the pandemic.